Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies.
We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
TIRTA (Tertiary Irrigation Technical Assistance) is one of the projects under the umbrella of AIP Rural Program. AIP-Rural aims to increase smallholder farmer incomes and competitiveness in a market-oriented manner through sustainable solutions. The rationale for support for agriculture in Indonesia is that the sector is typically estimated to be up to three times more efficient in reducing poverty compared to other major economic sectors in developing economies. Agriculture provides livelihoods for millions of people, particularly in rural areas. TIRTA will approach tertiary irrigation in a businesslike manner by facilitating the expansion of tertiary irrigation services in eastern Indonesia.
This position will be required frequent visit to site location and work with project partners on technical aspect of irrigation. Under the direction of the Deputy Team Leader, Intervention Coordinators are responsible for the design, implementation, and monitoring of irrigation interventions in eastern Indonesia.
- Collect documentation on existing and planned land use and irrigation infrastructure systems in the target areas, such as topographic maps, land use maps and satellite images, water resources maps, irrigation maps, and irrigation system layouts, irrigation development programs.
- Help identify potential sites for expansion of irrigation services coverage and TIRTA interventions (by analysing the documentation, interviewing stakeholders, and visiting field sites).
- Plot and regularly update potential and actual irrigation intervention on overview maps and plot infrastructure plans on individual intervention maps.
- Review irrigation-technical aspects of intervention plans, designs, cost estimates.
- Prepare concept Terms of Reference for any technical TIRTA contributions that will be contracted out, such as for technical survey, design, construction, and completion evaluation.
- Monitor and report on implementation of irrigation-technical aspects of the interventions.
Essential Education and Experience required:
- A degree in civil engineering (S1/S2), specializing in irrigation or water supply,
- At least 10 years practical experience in infrastructure system planning, design, construction, commissioning, and management (operation and maintenance)
- Proficiency in use of MS. Office
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work in teams
- Flexible, willing to learn, and undertake inter-district travel
- A working knowledge of English
- Familiar with hydraulica/hydraulics of pipes and pumps
- Working experience in the program target area, networks among public and private stakeholders East Java, NTT and NTB provinces
“Interested applicants may send their CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write the title of the role on the subject line before 9 November 2015”